DOC2000 and Grub

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Tue Jun 11 14:15:50 EDT 2002

Mark,

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Mark Meade wrote:

> Is the "erase_all" necessary?  Does this delete the Bad Block Table on the
> DoC 2000 or Millennuim?

I agree erase_all is dangerous because it will delete the bad block table.
The smarter way of inactivating the NFTL driver would be obfuscating the
NFTL headers or implementing the previously mentioned ioctl() interface to
NFTL layer or relying on the M-Sys native MS-DOS based NFTL format
utility.

> I was able to get a Millennium booting without any "erase_all" commands.  I
> guess I'm not clear on why this is needed.

I was afraid that the NFTL driver would keep updating the /dev/mtd0 device
even when nftl_format was running.

Best regards,

Ilguiz