What happened to 64-bit support?

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Fri Jul 26 01:22:31 EDT 2002

I have had a chance to continue working on my Read-Only problem and have
discovered that the flash is getting mounted as if it was ROM. Our system is
configured with 4-16bit Strata flash devices and should be using the CFI
interface. It appears that the flash is being recognized as CFI compliant
bus fails the buswidth test.

Using the latest CVS code I recompiled with DEBUG, genprobe...() reports
that it does not support buswidth of 8. jedec_probe...() did not work. It
did appear to work with the ROM mapped to RAM option but this also the
reason that it is always mounted Read-Only.

I retrieved linux-2_4-branch from CVS, it appears that this does not have
64-bit bus support either. Looking at cfi_probe(), the case statement does
not support buswidth of 8.

Where can I find the 64-bit patches?