jffs2_do_reserve_space

Mike Schumi schumi at techie.com
Thu Jul 25 10:18:38 EDT 2002

David,

  (not ftp avail, sorry) I'll email you the dump for the 2 consecutive boots (If anyone else wants  them let me know). Everytime I run the cardmgr  and plug in the card, the next boot crashes on a write. And every boot  after that too.  I can bypass this problem by making /var a ramfs mount. (because cardmgr is writing to /var something). So it looks like write to a jffs2 /var  is whats causing the problem, because when /var is mounted a ramfs and jffs2 is readonly, all is well. But solving this problem would be nice:)
  Your help is appreciated...

  Sequence on commands I ran:
  <boot>
  cat /proc/kmsg