(no subject)

Roy Lauer rlaor at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 13:00:51 EDT 2002

I'm using DOC 2000, and the latest mtd sw from the
CVS.

Following is what I get a boot time (I do NOT yet boot
from the flash):

> Using configured DiskOnChip probe address 0xf0400000
> DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xF0400000
> Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: 73
(Toshiba TH58V128DC)
> 4 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 64 MiB
> mtd: Giving out device 0 to DiskOnChip 2000
> NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.86 $,
nftlmount.c $Revision: 1.28 $
> NFTL_notify_add for DiskOnChip 2000
> NFTL_setup
> NFTL: UnitSizeFactor 0x00 detected. This violates
the spec but we think we know what it means...
> Cannot calculate an NFTL geometry to match size of
0x1ed20.
> Using C:986 H:16 S:8 (== 0x1ed00 sects)
> Partition check:
>  nftla: nftla1

The main problem (which cannot be seen above) is a
delay of about 90 seconds after
"Flash chip found: ...". The system seems to stuck and
only after a timeout 0f 90 seconds it continues
with "4 flash chips found...". What can be the reason
for that?

Other problems are UnitSizeFactor=0x00 and the size of
0x1ed20. The driver seems to manage with that. Is this
ok?

Any help will be apreciated.

Roy