[ANN] Driver for PCMCIA Flash memory cards

Simon Evans spse at secret.org.uk
Tue Jul 2 10:11:43 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have written an MTD driver for PCMCIA flash memory cards. These are the
older type of PCMCIA memory cards (usually 4-16MB in size) NOT Compact Flash
cards. The driver works by mapping out the cards and providing read/write
routines then calling the chip probe functions. In this way it just acts
as a mapping driver and doesnt care about the chips used.

It is still quite alpha and should be treated with caution,
but I have successfully tested it on 2.4.19-rc1,2.4.17(i386) and
2.4.17-rmk5(ipaq/arm) with a few different memory cards.
I have been able to setup jffs2 and transfer files between a laptop and
Ipaq successfully.

Once the code is more stable I may put it into the MTD CVS, however I'm
still figuring out some things with PCMCIA initialisation code so it
is still subject to large rewrites ;)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it is at: http://si.org/pcmciamtd/

bugs & comments welcome ;)

cheers