Jffs - allows cd into a non-directory file?

Sheela Kashyap sheela_kashyap at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 21:20:48 EST 2002

Hi,

I have a weird problem. On the jffs installation, I can 'cd' into a
file which is not a directory. For example, I can run:

# cd /etc/services

Once in here, 'ls' fails saying '.' is not a directory. I do not
encounter this problem on the NFS mounted filesystem. I copied the
files for JFFS from the NFS mounted filesystem. When I run 'ls -l' on
/etc/services, the permissions are as expected, that it does not list
that file as a directory. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheela.