I need your help .

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 26 20:20:15 EST 2002

hiram at thyme.com.tw said:
> 3. Turn on "NTFL support " ,"M-Systems Disk-On-Chip 2000 and
> Millennium"," Loopback device support " and " RAM disk support " in the
> kernel (not a module)

You don't really need loopback or ramdisk support. But they don't hurt.

> 10.  mknod /dev/fla b 62 0   (make a doc device node)

That's the wrong device node. It would be /dev/nftla, and any partitions
would be /dev/nftla1, /dev/nftla1 etc.

 mknod /dev/nftla b 93 0
 mknod /dev/nftla1 b 93 1
 mknod /dev/nftla2 b 93 2

> Sorry, we don,t support UnitSizeFactor of !=1 yet
> Sorry, we don,t support UnitSizeFactor of !=1 yet
> Could not find valid boot record
> Could not mount NFTL device"

This is complaining because the logical erase size of the NFTL format is
more than a single _physical_ erase block. The code _ought_ to work like
that, but hasn't been tested. Other people on the mailing list have asked
before - I'm not sure what their conclusions were. I think I need to test
this setup myself and commit the code.

--
dwmw2