DiskOnChip 2000 and Millenium support in GRUB bootloader

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Thu Feb 21 17:32:20 EST 2002

Ilguiz,

It appears that the 2-byte signature (55 AA) is not there after I run the "doc_loadbios"
program.  The entire IPL that was there (after the M-Sys DFORMAT) is modified by
doc_loadbios.  The motherboard BIOS is no longer seeing that 2-byte signature, so none of
the other steps are even attempted.

I did apply the grub-2002-02-19-doc.patch prior to trying all of this; I used the
2002-02-19 version of GRUB as detailed in your initial post, using the configure options
specified.

Regards,

Mark