Slow jffs2 startup on DOM

Michael Michael memmel2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 01:33:56 EST 2002

Hello I'm using jffs2 on a DOM with the block device
driver. I find the startup times very slow. It seams
to me from reading the source that jffs2 may be
scanning every block with this driver. It takes about
3 min for the first mount. Is there anyway to fix this
?
Would it be  possible to add say a checkpoint such
that if the disk  is "clean" we proceed with normal
startup ?
I do write to the DOM but I can certianly ensure that
its clean except on sudden power downs.  I suspect
that a lot of people who write to the devices can
ensure that the writes are checkpointed so we don't
have to do a full scan.

Mike