DiskOnChip 2000 and Millenium support in GRUB bootloader

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Tue Feb 19 17:51:46 EST 2002

Hello,

I copied the Millenium-specific operations from the existing MTD driver to
the GRUB bootloader.  Thanks a lot to David for his original
implementation of the GRUB-compatible booloader.

Can anybody with DOC Millenium try the patch?  It's
    patches/grub-2002-02-19-doc.patch
in the Linux MTD repository described at
    http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/

The patch can be applied against the 2002-02-19 version of GRUB CVS at
    http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=68

I tested the patch with a 64M DiskOnChip 2000.  The GRUB configure command
was as follows:
    ./configure --enable-diskonchip --disable-ffs --disable-xfs
                --disable-jfs --disable-vstafs --disable-reiserfs
                --disable-minix --disable-fat

This left only ext2 read access in GRUB to load the kernel, as my
DiskOnChip was split into ext2 and ext3 partitions.

The firmware file will be generated in the GRUB's stage1 directory.  I
copied the stage1 source code to generate a stand-alone patch against
GRUB repository.

Ilguiz