JFFS2 & NAND

Thomas Gleixner gleixner at autronix.de
Mon Feb 18 04:26:36 EST 2002

On Monday, 18. February 2002 09:46, David Woodhouse wrote:
> gleixner at autronix.de said:
> > Would it be ok to use a CONFIG option to tell the chip device driver
> > which  OOB configuration to use ?
>
> switch(mtd->ecctype) ?
Yes inside JFFS2, but who tells the NAND driver, which layout to use.
I think we should support this, to keep the possibility to implement other fs
than JFFS2. (e.g. this ugly DOS-FAT of SMCard). So we could extend the
CONFIG_NAND_ECC by a CONFIG_NAND_ECC_JFFS or something like that.
--
Thomas
Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH