Weird status information on JFFS2 File System

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 15 11:10:24 EST 2002

navin.boppuri at newisys.com said:
>  Is there some way I can change the 5 erase blocks default to a
> smaller size? What are the implications of doing that?

grep RESERVED fs/jffs2/nodelist.h

The danger in reducing it too far is that you'll run out of free space
entirely, so that garbage collection cannot continue and your file system
gets entirely stuck. We ought to be able to reduce it to only a block or
two, but the code wants auditing for safety first - we have to ensure that
we never expand while garbage-collecting.

--
dwmw2