NAND flash and JFFS(2)

Thomas Gleixner gleixner at autronix.de
Wed Feb 13 15:19:47 EST 2002

On Wednesday, 13. February 2002 21:03, Lance Nakamura wrote:
> 2 things:
> 1) can the test be set to remove power more frequently,
>    as in every minute rather than every hour?  our experience with
>    power fail safety is that you have to run at least 100K cycles,
>
> 2) an important test is to remove power while the file
>    system is trying to recover.  in the real world, power failures
>    are rarely clean, isolated instances.  you may get multiple failures in
>    as little as 1 second (failures a few hundred miliseconds apart).
You're right, but this was a test for a big hack inside the fs.
The power on/off was just a little addon. If we have finished some left
issues i will setup a real power fail safety test.

Thomas
Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH
auf dem berg 3, d-88690 uhldingen-muehlhofen
fon: +49 7556 919891 , fax: +49 7556 919886
mail: gleixner at autronix.de, http://www.autronix.de