FW: M-SYS Doc Replacements

Robert Sandilands robert.sandilands at secureworx.com
Wed Feb 13 05:58:33 EST 2002

Ok, long story...

The first driver we tried was the MTD driver, but that was Kernel 2.4.0 and
the guy that did it, did not know what he was doing - I also suspect there
was a few problems at that stage with the MTD driver. The binary driver did
work and it was therefore used.

Then problems with the Linux kernels forced us to first update to 2.4.3 and
then to 2.4.5 where we are now. Every time other issues forced us to change
and we wanted to keep everything as stable as possible, so we never tried
the MTD drivers in that process.

Everything seems stable with the 2.4.5 kernel except with the little problem
with the load. We will most likely upgrade our kernel in the next 2-3 months
to 2.4.10 or later and then will also take the step with the MTD driver, but
up to that stage we have to live with the M-systems driver.

>From initial investigation the driver seems fine and with our next upgrade
that is definitely what we will use.

Thank you.

Robert Sandilands