i node, u node, we all node for inodes

Adam Wozniak adam.wozniak at comdev.cc
Fri Feb 8 13:31:54 EST 2002

Is there some sort of "JFFS2 internals for dummies" guide around?

I'm seeing odd behavior that I can only attribute to linked lists
in RAM becoming corrupt, and I'd like to get a better understanding
of how each list is used, etc...

In the JFFS2 context...

Is the next_phys chain in the raw_node_ref null terminated?

Is the trick with the NULL member in the inode_cache guaranteed to
always work,
or just at boot time?

Can an inode have raw nodes in multiple erase blocks?  If so, how is
this
represented in the raw_node_ref?

Does an inode have a fixed or maximum size?

Can a raw node contain data used by mutiple inodes?  If not, what
prevents
this from happening?

Some basic definitions would be helpful.

--Adam
--
Adam Wozniak (KG6GZR)   COM DEV Wireless - Digital and Software Systems
awozniak at comdev.cc      3450 Broad St. 107, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401