Jedec chip mapping in SC400

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Tue Feb 5 03:58:30 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Kristberg Karlsson wrote:

> I am having trouble finding the map of 2 AMD 29F016(Jedec) chips that
> are in my Elan SC400 custom made board. Does anyone know if there is
> a way to make jedec_probe (or another method) search for them.
> Or if anyone has an experience in how to map the chips in a Elan
> SC400 to a predefined place.

The AMD 29F016 should be already be supported (at least it appears in
jedec_probe.c). I believe the tricky part is to make the flash chips
appear in the address space. For that, you might want to have a look at
the mapping driver for the SSV DIL/NetPC that has been committed to the
MTD CVS a few days ago (file name dilnetpc.c). The DIL/NetPC has an Elan
SC410 which -I think- is the same as the SC400 in terms of how boot rom is
mapped into the addess space. Look at function dnpc_map_flash().

Cheers

Rob

Robert Kaiser                          email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany    fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10