chip drivers

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Mon Feb 4 10:47:50 EST 2002

> Register them as three separate chips
> and then use the partition code that's been fixed to let you combine ranges
> of separate devices into one 'partition' rather than just split devices up.

I haven't got past the probing part yet. I'm trying to use cfi_probe and
jedec_probe to find all chips in a really big window. So when the
cfi_probe or the jedec_probe has found something I make a copy of the
map it used and increase map_priv_1 (used by the read and write
callbacks as in physmap.c) in the new map. The new map is then used for
the next probe.

The problem is that I cannot determine if a previous probe found any
alias or not. I must not probe where an alias has been found by a
previous probe since the next probe will think it is a new chip and not
recognize it as an alias (sinze it will think that it found the chip at
location zero). And I must continue probing until the end of the window.

Do I have to change the interface of the probe functions (I need the
address of the last found alias without "manually" looking for aliases
like the probe functions do)?

/Jonas