Fwd: Re: JFFS XConfig

David Mackay monitoreurope at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 09:24:05 EST 2002

>  Thanks for the advice David, however it appears
still not to be
> available with CONFID_MTD enabled. However JFFS is
available!

Er, check if it's also dependent on
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL.

Thanks David, Jorn,

It is indeed dependant upon CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL.
However it appears to fail on build at the network
driver stage with JFFS2 enabled. I have not yet pinned
down exactly why. At this stage i have stuc with JFFS
which should suffice for our immediate needs.

> use your CF drive as backing store for the faked MTD
device.

Is there any documentation available on this
proceedure?

We also are intending to use a 16M CF, what do people
suggest we should do about partitioning. I know that
due to garbage collection it is ineffiecient to
partition such a small device, however i had intended
to mount most of the file system as RO for write
protection. Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks for any help, David