chip drivers

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Fri Feb 1 06:06:43 EST 2002

I need to use different flash chips (AMD compatible, mixed CFI and
non-CFI, mixed geometry etc) at the same time :). I think I will need to
change the cfi drivers and the cfi- and jedec-probe to accomplish this.

I'm not going to try to use different chips in interleave (the code for
that would probably be unreadable, and who needs it?).

Are there other cases I ought to handle as well? Would anyone object if
I replace the cfi_probe and jedec_probe with one unified flash_probe?

I'll do some thinking and testing and come up with a more detailed plan
before I start doing any serious damag^H^H^H^H^Hcoding.

/Jonas