problem using jffs2 on DiskOnChip

Carl Wolff wolff at turnkiek.nl
Wed Dec 18 14:03:10 EST 2002

Hello,

I've got a problem with jffs2. I'm using a DiskOnChip module type milennium.

Do I need NFTL support?
I've managed to copy a jffs2 image onto the diskonchip using cp image
/dev/mtd/0.

When I copy the contents of the device to a file using cat /dev/mtd/0 >
testfile and I compare this file with the file just copied to the device,
they are the same, the latter is bigger, because padded with FF's

when I do a mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtd/0 /mnt I get the following output:

# mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock/0 /mnt
mtdblock_open
ok
Short read: 0x10 bytes at 0x000001f0 instead of requested 44
mtdblock_release
ok
mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock/0 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
#

What do I wrong?

I use a 2.4.17 kernel with following version details
NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.85 $, nftlmount.c $Revision: 1.25 $
Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: E6 (Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC)
# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00800000 00002000 "DiskOnChip Millennium"
#

Thanks for any help
Carl.