bbram access problems

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Dec 12 10:09:29 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 December 2002 15:09:11 +0100, Tobias Otto-Adamczak wrote:
> [joern's ignorance of braindead pc hardware removed]
>
> Other question: does the slram driver map this area in when it is
> already covered by the kernel ?

To my knowledge, yes. The driver is unaware of linux memory management
and simply ioremaps physical memory. If the kernel already uses this
area, you are in trouble.
But I think to remember that for i386 architecture the first 1MB of
memory has special treatment. Might be worth a look.

Jörn

--
Fantasy is more important than knowlegde. Knowlegde is limited,
while fantasy embraces the whole world.