slram and buffer cache

Tobias Otto-Adamczak toa at indakom.de
Wed Dec 11 14:23:02 EST 2002

Hi,

I have a custom board with 32MB SDRAM, 16MB Flash and 512K SRAM here. I
use the slram driver to access the SRAM (which isn't used otherwise by
the kernel). I created an 512K ext2 fs image and copied it to the SRAM
using an mtd char dev. I was able to mount this SRAM area as a mtd block
device (using mtdblock_ro) and read/write files to the ext2 fs.

My problem is the buffer cache for the block devices. I do not want
write operations to the SRAM being delayed. What can I do to avoid that
? I searched for some hours today but to no avail.

[maybe OT for this list]
How is this problem solved for "normal" ram disks ?

Regards
Tobias