Which filesystem can live on one flash sector?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Dec 10 09:18:58 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 December 2002 21:56:31 +0800, fred wrote:

> Ok, I understand I can't run JFFS at only one sector.
>
> In fact, I have 64k space left for saving configuration data.
> The size of a sector is 64k normally except the bottom sectors that are 8k,
> 4k, 4k, 16k, 32k.
> So you see, I have five sectors to run JFFS rather than one 64k sector.
> Then, is it possible to run JFFS on these sectors?

Yes, jffs (not jffs2) would be working on those sectors. But I fear
that the partition code doesn't treat them seperately, so jffs will
only see one sector and won't work.
You should tweak the partition code or provide your own mapping driver
to get it working. Something like that

Jörn

-- Albert Einstein