mdblock device not registering

Ken Offer koffer at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 5 15:51:48 EST 2002

This is a strange one.

I checked out the latest MTD cvs (on 20021202) and integrated it into
my 2.4.19 Yellow Dog kernel.  When I try to load the mtdblock module
NONE of my initialization debug statements print and the mtdblock
device is NOT registered.  I do an lsmod and the module is loaded.  If
its loaded, why isn't it printk'ing?  I thought the only way a module
could load is if its initialization succeeds.

This doesn't happen under the 20020819 source code.  The mtdblock
module loads fine, my debug statements print and the mtdblock device is
registered.

Has anybody else tried the latest cvs code with a 2.4 kernel (as
opposed to a 2.5 kernel)?

|  Ken Offer        koffer at arlut.utexas.edu         ARL:UT  |
|  Office: 512-835-3859                  Fax: 512-835-3259  |