DOC2000, Linux-2.4.18

Henrik Nordstrom hno at marasystems.com
Wed Aug 28 09:52:05 EDT 2002

Hi.

I am trying to get some grips on how to access a DOC2000 from Linux, but I do
not have much luck..

The chip gets detected properly by the driver and I can access the flash as a
char device, but NFTL does not like what it sees

DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xD6000
Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: E6 (Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC)
3 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 24 MiB

NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.82 $, nftlmount.c $Revision: 1.25 $
Sorry, we don't support UnitSizeFactor of != 1 yet.
Could not find valid boot record
Could not mount NFTL device

Same thing for the DOC patch to GRUB.

I found in the CVS tree that there is some pending fixes related to this in
the kernel sources (but not the GRUB patch), but when I try to upgrade the
kernel with the mtd CVS sources then it cannot compile, failing on
recalc_sigpending IIRC.  (RedHat-7.3 system). Unfortunately I have lost the
exact compiler error message. Can recreate it if there is need to..

Regards
Henrik