flash file system for production use

Michael Palme m.palme at goepel.com
Tue Aug 27 15:03:25 EDT 2002

hello...

i've got a strongarm system with 32mb intel strata flash. i need a
mechanism for storing configuration files etc in the flashes. for this
purpose 20mb of the flashes are free. the performance/ stability thing
is very important for me. i cant wait 10 secs fot mounting/ checking
etc. i' ve tried jffs2 from CVS and it seems to be "fast" on a nearly
empty flash partition, but i have no suggestion about what happens in
hard production use, when the flash will be written  over and over again
and the wear leveling takes place. the device is never shutdown'ed in a
clean way -- always hard power off...

because i have 20megs free and only small information to store i think
there is no need for a complex wear leveling mechanism but im not an expert.

what the best solution fot my problems???

please give some hints....

thanks in advance ... Michael Palme

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)