Cannot remove child on JFFS2 FS

olivier.eribon at free.fr olivier.eribon at free.fr
Tue Aug 27 02:13:21 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am using JFFS2 (from CVS july 01 2002) and 2.4.17 linux kernel on a specific
board (ppc405gp with a nand flash : Toshiba TC58256FT/DC)

After booting on linux with nand flash FS, I create a directory (dir) and I put
some files
> mkdir /dir
> cp /src/file* /dir
Now I remove all files from this directory
> rm /dir/*
I remove the directory too
> rmdir /dir

Now, after reboot for each FS mount and for each file on the removed directory,
this message appears on console :
Cannot remove child "fileXXX", ino #0, because it doesn't exist

How can I solve this problem ? (because this message induce long time to
mount partition.)

Thanks in advance for your time and your help !

Best regards,

Olivier