DiskOnChip - not found?

Andrew Hainsworth andrew at hainsworth.ath.cx
Wed Aug 21 22:24:14 EDT 2002

Good morning/afternoon/evening

I have only just joined this list, so please excuse me if this has been
asked before (there were a lot of archives to troll through for answers...)

I have a 32 meg DoC2000 sitting in an ISA riser board on an i386 running
RedHat 7.2 (catch all that?)

When I compile the kernel with MTD support, install it and reboot, I get
this output:

Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffc8000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffca000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffcc000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffce000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffd0000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffd2000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffd4000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffd6000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffd8000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffda000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffdc000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffde000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffe0000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffe2000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffe4000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffe6000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffe8000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffea000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffec000
Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xfffee000
No recognised DiskOnChip devices found

All of those addresses are the ones the ISA board will use, but it cannot
find anything!

Any ideas?  If you need more info, I will get it.

Cheers
Andrew