Cannot mount my NAND device with JFFS2

Ken Offer koffer at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 21 15:36:34 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 02:20  PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 20:43, Ken Offer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I can erase and test my smart media card NAND driver just fine
>> (i.e. eraseall seems to work, nandtest works, mtd0 and mtd1 show
>> up in /proc/mtd).  So far so good.  However, when I try to mount
>> the device with jffs2 I get:
>>> mount -v -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt/jffs
>> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtdblock1,
>>         or too many mounted file systems
> Have you erased the flash before mount or have you copied stuff to the
> flash ?
> Can you please turn on JFFS2 debugging  to 1 and send the output ?
> make sure that you do
> #echo 9 >proc/sys/kernel/printk

Thanks for the reply!  Got it to work finally.  I had two kernel
trees going and inadvertently forgot to turn on
"CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND" in the latest version.  I assumed it was
on (duh, it was in the old tree...)

|  Ken Offer        koffer at arlut.utexas.edu         ARL:UT  |
|  Office: 512-835-3859                  Fax: 512-835-3259  |