can i use the cvs code directly in kernel 2.2.19 ?

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Aug 21 03:56:54 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 08:44, 小明 wrote:
> dear all,
> another question:
> can i use the cvs code directly in kernel 2.2.19 ?
> (currently it work fine with kernel 2.4.17)
Look for the inter_module patch in the patches/ directory of CVS.
It's for 2.2.17, but should apply to 2.2.19 too. There are some more
tweaks neccecary. There are 2 mailthreads (june, august 02) about that.
Citation dwmw2:
> I know of nobody else working on a 2.2 backport. Worst case, you
> should be able to ditch the page-based write code and call
> jffs2_write_file_range() from a jffs2_file_write() which you provide
> instead of generic_file_write().

BTW, did you test latest code in CVS ? Any problems left ?

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de