How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Aug 20 15:24:08 EDT 2002

On Tue, 20 August 2002 09:34:12 -0700, Christopher Hoover wrote:
> You have a different flavor flash.  My platform uses Intel C3
> StrataFlash parts.  The flash is completely locked after any power
> cycle.   If I don't unlock the jffs2 partition somehow someway, I can't
> write to it.
>
> I suppose we could add yet another mount option for this
> ("really_and_truly_rw"!).

If this is a problem (feature/whatever) of one flash type, why not
encapsulate it in the low level driver? It would keep the jffs2 code
clean of what could be considered a bugfix.

Jörn

--
I can say that I spend most of my time fixing bugs even if I have lots
of new features to implement in mind, but I give bugs more priority.