Massive file corruption

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Mon Aug 19 05:37:06 EDT 2002

Hi again

For the second time there has been massive file corrution on one of our
boards.

In /bin there was 3 files that had been corrupted, the first 4K was all zeroes.
In /usr/bin, a ls gave me lots of Input/Output error and a load of CRC
errors in dmesg.

After reboot, ls in /usr/bin did not report Input/Output errors but there
was more corrupted files in there, with the first 4K zeroed.

Before this happened there was a lot of file I/O. ftp files to board, unpack them with rpm
delete old files etc.

No errors was reported during boot by JFFS2. Using the stable branch from ~3-4 months ago.

Any ideas?

            Jocke