Mounting JFFS2 slows console prints.

kas turi inox_kas at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 22:37:27 EDT 2002

Hi
 I am running timesys linux on our custom made 8260
board. The board has a 16 bit 8M Intel flash chip. I
have defined 2 partitions. The first partition
contains ppcboot and the second partition is for
jffs2. I am using root filesystem as NFS. After the
linux boots up I mount JFFS2 filesystem onto /mnt/jffs
directory. After I do the mounting it slows down the
console output. When I type a command it takes atleast
few seconds before it appears on the console. I am
running the console at 115200. When I unmount the
JFFS2 filesystem the console output is faster. I have
configured the verbose level for JFFS2 as 0. Any idea
what is the problem?.
  Thanks in advance