JFFS2 peoblems with K3 strata flash on Dalhart

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Aug 7 13:42:21 EDT 2002

cain.yuan at intel.com said:
> Please notice the fact:
>    at the first,  I burn JFFS2  into K3  flash, then load zImage It
> boot up all ok, and   JFFS2 file system are all OK.

OK... and you can write to it too? What if you reset the board between
flashing the image and booting Linux?

> But after reset and load zImage again  I can't create/del  files on
> JFFS2 file system.

Strange. I'm wondering if perhaps the map driver isn't correctly setting
the Vpp line, but again you should get an _error_ for that, not a zero
return status. So even if the underlying fault doesn't lie with the write
routine, it seems to be doing _something_ wrong.

--
dwmw2