kernel hangs on DOC2000 root filesystem

Brendan J Simon brendan.simon at ctam.com.au
Tue Aug 6 19:52:23 EDT 2002

David Woodhouse wrote:

>brendan.simon at ctam.com.au said:
>
>> Any ideas why the kernel just hangs ?

I've just tried an older 2.4.1-pre11 kernel that a coleague is using.  I
loaded the kernel via tftp and passed it "root=/dev/nftla1 ro"
parameters.  It booted perfectly (except for some busybox seg faults).
 ie. the DOC was mounted so that implies that the super blocks are OK.

Maybe there is a bug in the 2.4.18-pre8 kernel related to MTD/NFTL ??
Maybe I've changed something that I've forgotten about ?  I'll have a
closer look.

Regards,
Brendan Simon.