NAND Configuration

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Tue Aug 6 08:16:15 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 12:40, Steve Tsai wrote:
> I read it many time, but CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND use to take care buffering
> and OOB . Does I have to use it absolutely? If I do not use it, what's
> the result of the driver?
Yes, you _HAVE_ _ABSOLUTELY_ to use it !
IF not, no buffering and OOB check, no bad block management ..--> no
JFFS2 on NAND.

> We need more info from mount onwards.
>
> Maybe I do not provide repeatable messages and steps. The following are
> the steps I use.
> 1. eraseall /dev/mtd1
> 2. mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt
> 3. Make directory to /mnt
> 4. Use ftp to copy files to /mnt
> 5. Change the kernel to to mount /dev/mtdblock1 as root FS.
> 6. Copy or delete files and sometime the message display
> 	ARGH. About to write node to 0x003f9e2c on flash, but there are
> data already the re:...
>     After that, the patition will display more error messages, ECC error
> and others.

I meant, could you get full logs with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 from
mounting the file system to the ARGH? Make sure you are logging over a
serial console so you catch _ALL_ the messages, and remember they're at
level KERN_DEBUG so echo 9 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk before mount.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de

nix.de