Disk blocks for long periods

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 5 10:12:06 EDT 2002

joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
>  I am on PPC and SysRq-T does not display anything useful :-( Perhaps
> readprofile?

SysRq-T should work on PPC. It's mostly generic code. What's wrong with it?

The profile _may_ help but it's most likely to tell us that the CPU spend
most time sleeping, without actually telling us _where_ each process was
sleeping.

>  Perhaps kupdate is holding some VFS specific block? I am on a MV
> 2.4.2 kernel

I'd care more if you could reproduce it with something a little more
recent. I'm assuming you're using v1.100 of cfi_cmdset_0001.c, since you
committed that change.

--
dwmw2