Mix flash sector size and JFFS2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 5 10:01:04 EDT 2002

meunier at enst.fr said:
>  Does a single filesystem JFFS2 need that all sectors of flash
> partition are same size or could we use different sector size (as for
> some flash that mix small and big sector). ?

JFFS2 only operates with a single sector size. However, when you have
smaller erase blocks you will generally find that they add up to a single
block's worth of the normal erase size. For example, 8*8KiB + 15*64KiB.

JFFS2 will work OK on that, and just treat the 8*8KiB blocks as a single
64KiB block.

--
dwmw2