[patch] doc_stage1.S : GRUB on DoC

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Thu Aug 1 14:43:00 EDT 2002

Ilguiz,

I tested the 07-29 patch on a DoC Millennium, and everything seemed to be
working great.  I was able to build it against cvs grub with no errors, and
the resulting grub_firmware booted fine on a 1.3Ghz Athlon.

However, I have also been experimenting with booting a variant of the Linux
Router Project (LRP) from my DoC, and this latest Grub patch locks up on two
different Pentium-133 PC's.

Additionally, the M-Sys firmware also locked up on both machines.  The
earlier Grub patch (the one with the -256 and -512 options) works fine.  I'm
not sure what's going on here, but I'll continue to try to figure out what is
wrong.

Mark