mtd partitions on Sharp Zaurus

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 23 18:23:36 EDT 2002

albertr at forbes.net said:
>  But I'm in a complete dark as of how I need to partition flash rom
> chip and map its partions to mtd block devices. Is there any user
> space program exist that can enumerate and display existing partitions
> which are already in the flash? Is there any documentation I can read
> on how to partition flash?

Not really - only the source code. The current flash partitioning code is
very primitive - we simple register multiple devices, each with methods
which just add an offset and call into the 'real' device's methods.

I don't know how the partitions on the Zaurus work - they haven't get got
round to sending me one :)

--
dwmw2