how to use amd_flash.c

Steve Tsai startec at ms11.hinet.net
Thu Apr 4 02:41:31 EST 2002

Hi Jonas,

Thanks. I know how to add codes to amd_flash.c, but I can not make kernel
run amd_flash_probe(). I used jffs1 and flash.c on my board from AXIS before
and it works fine. Now I want ot port uClinux 2.4.17 to my board and I plan
to use jffs2 and mtd, but I found it is more complicated.  The flash I use
is not CFI compliance, so I am not sure I can use jedec_probe + CFI-driver.
I modified amd_flash.c already, but the kernal can not probe the flash at
start time. Should I call do_map_probe in somewhere to find out the flash?

Steve

> On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 09:07, Steve Tsai wrote:
> > I'd want to use mtd and jffs2 in our ARM7  board.  The flash is
MX29LV160B/T