2.5.7{,-rmk1}: jffs2 on root patch

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Wed Apr 3 14:05:59 EST 2002

I discovered that with vanilla 2.5.7, the kernel will indeed mount a
jffs root, if you do:

  root=/dev/mtdblockX rootfstype=jffs2

[

as opposed to simply:

  root=/dev/mtdblockX

which work just fined prior to 2.5.7

]

The "rootfstype=jffs2" part is *mandatory*, because
do_mounts.c:get_fs_names(), which computes which filesystems should be
attempted for the root partitition, skips any filesystem, such as jffs2,
that is "nodev."

-ch