nftl driver

Nikolai Vladychevski niko at isl.net.mx
Mon Sep 24 18:12:12 EDT 2001

David Woodhouse writes:

> niko at isl.net.mx said:
>>  If this problem of writing zeros  is due to the module unloading
>> problem, how can I solve it if the driver is  in the kernel and cant
>> be reloaded?
>
> Almost certainly. The driver has lots if internal state about the old NFTL
> format cached, and you've gone and changed it all. You should never need to
> use nftl_format. If you want new data, just write new data to /dev/nftla.
> You don't need to do a low-level format just to change the data.

well, its just my application requires it .... I have to nftl_format because
I do not nftl_format at the 0x00000. There is another data of variable
lenght that I place before nftla data, so i have to nftl_format
0xSOME_OFFSET that is different evry time....

but ... if the driver doesn't come the application , the application will
have to go to the driver...

Nikolai