nftl driver

Nikolai Vladychevski niko at isl.net.mx
Sat Sep 22 12:09:58 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have a problem, when I try to use nftla device zeros are wroten:

dd if=/tmp/romfile of=/dev/nftla

reports that the data was written ok,but when I do hexdump against
/dev/nftla it has zeros.

I use nftla_format before doing dd ,and I do not unload nftl driver (as the
HOWTO suggests) because it is not compiled as module, it is included into
the kernel. Actualy I use /dev/nftla for booting only and loading
applications into a ramdisk, after that I do not access /dev/nftla anymore.
The problem begins when I want to upgrade my software that is located on
that device, and have to nftl_format again. If this problem of writing zeros
is due to the module unloading problem, how can I solve it if the driver is
in the kernel and cant be reloaded?

Nikolai

Nikolai