(no subject)

Siders, Keith keith_siders at toshibatv.com
Fri Sep 14 16:11:17 EDT 2001

-> Why do you want to write the compressed version to the
-> filesystem? Just so
-> that you can use gzip -9 and get better compression?
->
-> --
-> dwmw2
->

In my application I will receive the image already zlib compressed. I was
hoping to skip having to take up memory with both compressed and
uncompressed images prior to writing to JFFS2. But alas, since it's
necessary, I shall malloc(new_space), uncompress(new_space, old_space) ,
free(old_space), fwrite(new_space), and finally free(new_space).

ks