DiskOnChip write performance

kira brown kira at hex.linuxgrrls.org
Thu Sep 6 11:05:34 EDT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Holger Friedrich wrote:

> achieve this. Unfortunately the fastest speed I could obtain was about
> 70 kBytes/sec which seems pretty poor to me. When I asked the M-Systems
> support the answers were not really helpfull so far.

The M-Systems drivers are not the topic of this mailing list.

Neither, for that matter, are the M-systems BIOS extensions, or the
patched LILO they supply.

The topic of this list is the Linux MTD layer.  The Linux MTD layer is
*not* written by M-Systems, it is not supplied by them, and their support
staff do not know anything about it.  THe Linux MTD layer does *not* use
the M-systems BIOS extender, the M-systems binary-only linux kernel
driver, or any M-systems code of any other kind.  The M-Systems firmware
has precisely zero to do with this list, the Linux MTD system, or the
JFFS.

Is that understood?  pradeep, this means *you*.

(Sorry David, I had to say it.)

kira.