blkmtd command line specification?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Oct 27 04:44:48 EDT 2001

Moin!

> I'm working on getting a jffs2 root file system running on my new Ipaq IA-1.
>
> I can use blkmtd when it is built as a module, but I can't seem to figure out
> the coomand-line syntax for using it built into the kernel.
>
> So, how do I specify what to do on the command line?

With my kernel, I had to patch init/main.c. If you browse through the
code, you notice the large table of potential root devices. Add some
/dev/mtdblock0 to /dev/mtdblockn with the corresponding major and
minor numbers and enjoy.

Jörn

--
The cheapest, fastest and most reliable components of a computer system are
those that aren't there  --  Gordon Bell, DEC labratories