mtd: looking for serial flash storage

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 8 05:38:01 EDT 2001

brendan.simon at bigpond.com said:
>  I can  not easily use a DiskOnChip as there are only 12 address lines
> from the  CPU board connector available to me.  I am investigating
> serial flash  devices.  Are there any that MTD or Linux supports ???

You don't need 12 address lines for a DiskOnChip, do you?

> I know about the Atmel data flash devices.  Are they supported by
> Linux  or MTD ???

I'm not sure what devices you're referring to - do you have a reference?

> I am interested in investigating the chipsets that the key ring type
> USB  hard drives use.  Does anyone know what chipsets these are ?
> Does MTD  or Linux support them ???

The flash in those devices is generally just standard NAND flash, which is
supported by Linux. I have no idea about the microcontrollers which are
used to do the translation layer and emulate a hard drive.

--
dwmw2