MTD JEDEC driver installation

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 8 05:34:21 EDT 2001

jsanchez at laurel.datsi.fi.upm.es said:
>  I want to install the mtd driver for a AM29FC16B flash chip. This
> chip is not a CFI compatible chip, it is a JEDEC one. I would like to
> know how to install the driver, and how to access the flash through
> the file system.

First, make sure your chip is listed in drivers/mtd/chips/jedec_probe.c - if
it isn't, add the relevant entry into the jedec_table[].

Then, provide a 'map' driver for access to your chip. This could be as
simple as the 'nora' driver if the flash is connected sensibly, or you
could configure the 'physmap' driver to work correctly (you also need to
make it call do_map_probe("jedec_probe", ....) instead of the current
"cfi_probe").

--
dwmw2