MTD newbie

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 2 15:51:07 EDT 2001

c.paris at libero.it said:
>  The mount works but the system freezes for about 30 seconds (YUP) so
> I thought the system was hung.

Yeah - checkpointing is on the TODO list along with some other ideas for
speeding up mounts. Unfortunately I haven't yet found the time to do it,
and nobody's yet talked nicely enough to the salespeople who control my
destiny that I've been given real time to do it :)

> Anyway, issuing a "touch /mnt/silly"
> crashes the system, giving me the same kernel oops.

Hmmm. Please get it fed through ksymoops and let me have a copy, along with
the last few debugging messages before it died.

--
dwmw2